We’re just a few weeks away from the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in NY.
And maybe you really want to go but just can’t figure out how to get in.
There’s an option that’ll get you two invitations to a runway show.
But it’ll cost you $799. Don’t close this page – yet!
Here’s what’s included, according to the W Hotels web site.
- two invitations to a runway show
- an invitation-only backstage tour
- one night’s stay in a suite at W New York or W New York – Union Square
- the opportunity to give back – 10% of the entire package proceeds will benefit Dress for Success.
Now this is what I call an exciting partnership!
And it’s a great opportunity if you’re an American Express Cardmember.
The global payments company is partnering with acclaimed fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg.
Together, they’ll present a unique runway show for Cardmembers on Wednesday, February 18 at 9:00 PM during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
Apparently, the designer is taking a new, never-been-done before approach to the runway and creating an opportunity for Cardmembers to experience a multi-season selection of her sought-after designs.
Want another reason to be excited?!
It’s hosted by André Leon Talley, editor-at-large for Vogue magazine.
Those attending the event will have access to the coveted floor seats under the tents to view designs inspired by von Furstenberg’s Spring/Summer 2009 ‘Rock Goddess’ Collection and a special look at some of her Fall 2009 Collection shown only to industry insiders just days before. (Suh-weeet!)
Invitations to this memorable event are on sale. Just four per Cardmember, though; don’t get carried away. 😉
A kind representative from American Express emailed me with a little update.
She wants our readers to know that they’ll be under the tents at Bryant Park for the entire week – February 13-20.
February 14-15, of course, is when the Skybox will be open to their top-tier Cardmembers with those By-Invitation-Only packages.
Hope this clears things up…
It’s that time of year again!
In counting down to the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, we’ll be taking a look at the behind-the-scenes prep.
This week, it’s American Express in the spotlight.
They’ve announced their plans for February 14-15.
- Continued support of designers and the fashion industry with a $250,000 donation to the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund (CVFF), a program of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA). The CVFF program helps emerging American design talent find continued success in the business of fashion by providing ongoing support.
- The comeback of the Skybox! Platinum Card® and Gold Card members will be able to view the runway shows from the highly popular and newly-designed American Express® Skybox, providing an up-close view of the runways; packages are available today at www.americanexpress.com/entertainment. (If you’re still balling in the midst of the recession! :p)
- Card members will have access to highly-coveted reservations at a selection of New York’s most-buzzed about restaurants, providing additional entrée into the destinations and venues they love.
Images :: Associated Press // Matt Sayles
Christian Audigier was on point with his Spring 2009 collection.
Vibrant colours popped out in his uniquely urban take on fashion in the fresh, Generation Now, carefree runway show.
We’ve got pics! Read More »
Kanye was out and about during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York.
He’s certainly got an interesting new look that was worth the post.
Yesterday, while celebrities were busy checking out new looks in the fashion world, Eva Longoria was doing something quite different.
She was launching a new brand of M&M’S.
Called M&M’S® Premiums, the chocolates made their formal debut with a fashion event during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, hosted by Eva Longoria Parker.
In my opinion, the collaboration is a bit strange but Eva looked fabulous!
Pamella Roland specifically selected Longoria Parker’s premium gown for the event, which will be auctioned via “Clothes Off Our Back” to benefit children’s charities.
American Express is hosting its Cardmembers to a private runway show with famed designer, Zac Posen.
If you’re in NYC on Friday, September 12, you could take advantage of the experience at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Invitations are now on sale at www.americanexpress.com/entertainment. For the totally-worth-it invitation cost of $150, you’ll get access to the pre-show reception in the Main Lobby of the tents at Bryant Park, and general admission seating for the runway show and post-show Q&A with Posen.
And by attending, you’ll help give back too.
Proceeds from the sale of event tickets will contribute to the $500,000 American Express donation to the Council of Fashion Designers of America Vogue Fashion Fund which helps emerging American designers find continued success in the business of fashion.